I am a PhD student under the supervision of Tony J. Dodd and Jun Liu at the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at the University of Sheffield. I completed my MSc in Control System with distinction in the same university. Before that, I worked six years automating production lines for the food and beverage industry in Mexico.
Name: Felipe J. Montaña Gonzalez
Age: 34 years
Location: Sheffield, UK.
My current research investigates formal methods for control design. In particular, I focus on its application to solve the problem of motion planning for single and multiple autonomous systems subject to temporal logic specifications. This research includes optimal control for determinstic and stochastic systems as well as systems with imperfect state information.
Area of interest:Formal verification, motion and path planning, autonomous systems control and machine learning.
I have served as a teaching assistant in laboratories for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The topics covered in these laboratories include:
- Introduction to the programming of embedded systems.
- Principles of swarm robotics.
- Introduction to nonlinear systems.
- Numerical tools for the simulation of hybrid systems.
- Programmation of programmable logic controllers for industrial automation systems.
At the same time, I have worked as a consultant during drop-in MATLAB/Simulink sessions open to students of all departments.
Leader of automation department
I have experience in planning, programming and commissioning new processes as well as providing maintenance and calibration to different kind of sensors. My work required travelling to Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and United States for the installation and commissioning of production lines for food and beverage companies such as LALA, Kimberly-Clark, Mead Johnson, Danone and Unilever. As a leader of the automation department, my responsibilities include:
- Desing of electric control panels.
- Desing and drawing of wiring diagrams.
- Preparation of quotations for automation of production lines.
- Supervision of installation of electrical components.
- Programming of programmable logic controllers.
- Design and programming of human-machine interfaces (HMI) and supervisory control and data acquisition programs (SCADA).
- Project commissioning.
- End-user training and writing of manuals for line operation.