Ph.D in Control systems, 2014-2018
University of Sheffield, UK
Areas of research: Formal methods for control synthesis, motion planning, robotics, autonomous systems.
MSc in Control Systems, with Distinction, 2013-2014
University of Sheffield, UK
Areas of study: System modelling, signal processing, model predictive control, robust and hybrid control; and robotic systems.
Dissertation project: Movement properties of a mass-spring-like swarm robotic system.
GradD in Science and Engineering, 2012-2013
Sheffield International College, UK
B.Eng in Electronic Systems, 2001-2005
Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
Graduate Engineer, Pattern Matching Projec, University of Sheffield, 2018
- Studied and analysed automated learning procedures for time series.
- Proposed and implemented machine learning algorithm to identify malfunctions in turbine engines.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Sheffield, 2016-2018
- Administered and supported laboratories for hybrid and non-linear control, programmable logic controllers, ambulatory robotics and Matlab.
- Assisted and advised undergraduate students in motion planning of kinetic robots for flexible manufacturing project.
Leader of Automation Department, Montana ATP de Mexico, 2006-2012
- Design and programming of Programmable Logic Controls, Human Interfaces, and Supervisory control and data acquisitions.
- Design and production of electrical wiring diagrams, and supervision of electrical component installation.
- Project commissioning for blue chip company clients, such as Danone, Unilever and Kimberley-Clar.
- roduced system operation manuals, and trained client end users.
- Project Management - Planned work to achieve targets on time by setting realistic goals and proposing optimal solutions.
- Teamwork - Gained team work abilities by working with different groups of people to accomplish deadlines imposed by companies.
- Problem Solving - Efficiently solved unexpected problems under time constraints as leader of automation department and as PhD student.
- Communication - Strong communication, presentation and writing skills, in academia and industry, gained from attending conferences, teaching assistant roles, training of clients in industrial projects and writing documents such as scientific papers and manuals to operate automated production lines.
- Adaptability - Adapted to live abroad, collaborate and work with people from different backgrounds due to constant work trips and studies abroad.
- Programming languages: MATLAB, Python and C/C++.
- Robot simulators: V-REP and Enki.
- PLC-SCADA programming: RSLOGIX 5000/500, FactoryTalk View and Wonderware.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2017). Sampling- based reactive motion planning with temporal logic constraints and imperfect state information. In Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification, pages, 134-149. Springer.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2017). Sampling- based path planning for multi-robot systems with co-safe linear temporal logic specifications. In Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification, pages, 150-164. Springer.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2016). Sampling- based stochastic optimal control with metric interval temporal logic specifications. In Proc. of Control Applications (CCA), pages 767- 773. IEEE