Ph.D in Control Systems, 2014-2018
University of Sheffield, UK
Areas of research: Formal methods for control synthesis, motion planning, robotics, autonomous systems.
MsC in Control Systems, with distiction, 2013-2014
University of Sheffield, UK
Areas of study: System modelling, signal processing, model predictive control, robust and hybrid control; and robotic systems.
Dissertation project: Movement properties of a mass-spring-like swarm robotic system.
GradD in Science and Engineering, 2012-2013
Sheffield International College, UK
B.Eng in Electronic Systems, 2001-2005
Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
Research Associate, University of Sheffield, 2018 -
Currently, I'm working in a project with the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre, situated within the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at the University of Sheffield, to detect anomalies in turbine engines by using machine learning and data mining algorithms. My responsabilities include:
- Develop a software tool to help vibration experts to investigate problems in engines test.
- Analyse multivariate time series data recorded from turbine engines.
- Investigate methods to identify anomalies in multivariate time series.
Leader of automation department, Montana ATP de Mexico, 2006-2012
I have experience in planning, programming and commissioning new processes as well as providing maintenance and calibration to different kind of sensors. My work required travelling to Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and United States for the installation and commissioning of production lines for food and beverage companies such as LALA, Kimberly-Clark, Mead Johnson, Danone and Unilever. As a leader of the automation department, my responsibilities include:
- Design of electric control panels.
- Design and drawing of wiring diagrams.
- Preparation of quotations for automation of production lines.
- Supervision of installation of electrical components.
- Programming of programmable logic controllers.
- Design and programming of human-machine interfaces (HMI) and supervisory control and data acquisition programs (SCADA).
- Project commissioning.
- End-user training and writing of manuals for line operation.
- Project Management - Planned work to achieve targets on time by setting realistic goals and proposing optimal solutions.
- Teamwork - Gained team work abilities by working with different groups of people to accomplish deadlines imposed by companies.
- Problem Solving - Efficiently solved unexpected problems under time constraints as leader of automation department and as PhD student.
- Communication - Strong communication, presentation and writing skills, in academia and industry, gained from attending conferences, teaching assistant roles, training of clients in industrial projects and writing documents such as scientific papers and manuals to operate automated production lines.
- Adaptability - Adapted to live abroad, collaborate and work with people from different backgrounds due to constant work trips and studies abroad.
- Programming languages: Python, MATLAB and C/C++.
- Robot simulators: V-REP and Enki.
- PLC-SCADA programming: RSLOGIX 5000/500, FactoryTalk View and Wonderware.