University of Sheffield, UK
Ph.D in Control systems - Areas of research: Formal methods for control synthesis, motion planning, robotics, autonomous systems.
MSc in Control Systems - Distinction (77%) - Areas of study: System modelling, signal processing, model predictive control, robust and hybrid control; and robotic systems.
Dissertation project: Movement properties of a mass-spring-like swarm robotic system.
Sheffield International College, UK
GradD in Science and Engineering
Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
B.Eng in Electronic Systems
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Sheffield, 2016-2018
- Supervised and assisted laboratories for hybrid and nonlinear control, programmable logic controllers, mobile robotics and Matlab.
- Supported undergraduate students in motion planning of mobile robots for flexible manufacturing project.
Leader of Automation Department, Montana ATP de Mexico, 2006-2012
- Programmed PLCs, HMIs and SCADAs.
- Designed electric control panels including wiring diagrams.
- ommissioned projects for food and beverage companies, e.g., Danone, Unilever and Kimberly-Clark.• Wrote manuals and trained final users.
- Project Management - Planned work to achieve targets on time by setting realistic goals and proposing optimal solutions.
- Teamwork - Gained team work abilities by working with different groups of people to accomplish deadlines imposed by companies.
- Problem Solving - Efficiently solved unexpected problems under time constraints as leader of automation department and as PhD student.
- Communication - Strong communication, presentation and writing skills, in academia and industry, gained from attending conferences, teaching assistant roles, training of clients in industrial projects and writing documents such as scientific papers and manuals to operate automated production lines.
- Adaptability - Adapted to live abroad, collaborate and work with people from different backgrounds due to constant work trips and studies abroad.
- Programming languages: MATLAB, Python and C/C++.
- Robot simulators: V-REP and Enki.
- PLC-SCADA programming: RSLOGIX 5000/500, FactoryTalk View and Wonderware.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2017). Sampling- based reactive motion planning with temporal logic constraints and imperfect state information. In Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification, pages, 134-149. Springer.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2017). Sampling- based path planning for multi-robot systems with co-safe linear temporal logic specifications. In Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification, pages, 150-164. Springer.
- Felipe J. Montana, Jun Liu, and Tony J. Dodd (2016). Sampling- based stochastic optimal control with metric interval temporal logic specifications. In Proc. of Control Applications (CCA), pages 767- 773. IEEE